The wait is finally over. After months of teasing songs and videos, Dos Borrachos have officially released their debut eponymous album. Better known as the long-awaited collaboration from longtime buddies Kevin Fowler and Roger Creager, DOS BORRACHOS is one of the most anticipated albums to come out of the Texas country scene all year.
Featuring plenty of playful interchange between two of Texas’ biggest stars, DOS BORRACHOS is a 10-song romp showcasing the pair’s unique friendship and fun-loving ways — with plenty of heart to keep you coming back for more. Fowler and Creager meticulously capture the vibe of the buzzy (and soon to be legendary) Big Cabo Fest Mexico getaway.
And it’s fitting, too, given the plan for the album was hatched at 2 a.m. in a Cabo cantina during one of the pair’s many songwriting trips south of the border. But while the collaboration might’ve had its origins in tequila-soaked storytelling, there’s nothing sloppy about DOS BORRACHOS. The Trent Willmon-produced album captures every nuance of Creager and Fowler that fans have come to love — all delivered through ten songs written by legends and up-and-coming stars alike.
“It probably seems like it took forever for us to finally make a record together, but sometimes you can’t rush a good thing,” Kevin Fowler says. “We hope once fans hear the record they’ll agree it was worth the wait.”
Dos Borrachos will kick off a limited run of special album release shows tonight in Odessa, TX. But don’t fret, fans: if you don’t get a chance to catch them this November, you can still join the party in Mexico next year. Big Cabo Fest in Cabo San Lucas officially takes place from June 7th — June 11th, 2020.
“This record is a good example of the kind of trouble we get into when we get together,” says Roger Creager. “You can probably tell how much fun we had making this album with just one listen.”
Dos Borrachos Album Track Listing
1. Dos Borrachos (Kevin Fowler, Trent Willmon, Roger Creager)
2. Drinkin’ Family (Bart Butler, Mike Walker, Will Weatherly)
3. Salt (Jeff Outlaw, JT Harding, Justin Wilson)
4. Drunk Again (Bart Butler, Jessie Jo Dillon, Michael Hardy)
5. Purdy Dang Bueno (Trent Willmon, Michael White, Paul Bogart)
6. Top Of The Bottle (Josh Grider, Bobby Hamrick)
7. I Like Beer (Tom T Hall)
8. Fool About You Baby (Bart Butler, Brett Beavers, Benjy Davis)
9. Barroom Buddies (Milton Brown, Steve Dorff, Snuff Garrett, Cliff Crofford)
10. Brown Eyes Of Mexico (Clay Baker, Tommy Conners, Roy Hurd)
Purchase DOS BORRACHOS here.