Here are this week’s most-streamed Texas/Red Dirt Releases on Spotify!
What’s different about our chart? We’re now only charting newly released songs. We will now only track songs through 8 weeks of their drop date on Spotify. Essentially our chart will now be a hub for keeping up with songs that are brand new. We will be tracking releases, instead of singles, and will allow up to 3 songs per artist.
Why are we changing our chart? This format makes it easier for fans to keep track of brand new music. Also, artists now release multiple songs within weeks of each other, and it’s hard to know what the “single” is, so with us being able to chart multiple songs from the artist, that solves that problem. This format also makes the chart more dynamic and with fewer songs, which will provide more opportunities for emerging artists to chart higher. With there being fewer songs, this will also allow us to add some additional information (like Monthly Listeners).
With this new format, we will rely heavily on artists/managers to submit the songs they wish for us to chart.
Submit your song here: https://forms.gle/39ckcE4R76NGfnNA6
- We will check for new song submissions every Tuesday
- It will take at least a week from the following Tuesday of your submission for the song to appear on the chart
- Songs are checked each week to make sure that the majority of streams are coming from regional places and to make sure it has a reasonable Monthly Lister to Monthly Stream ratio. The Weekly Stream Count of a song to Monthly Listeners must not exceed a ratio of 1:1.
- Songs must have over 1,000 streams
- The song will only be charted through 8 weeks of its original drop date on the DSPs
- Songs are taken off the chart at 8 weeks.
- The majority of listenership should come from Texas or Oklahoma
- The artists needs to be from, currently living, or playing a majority percentage of their shows in Texas or Oklahoma
We will only check songs once to see if they fit the criteria, so please do not submit them until they do.
Music addict, a sucker for heartbreak songs, and avid Houston sports fan! I’am also the Editor-in-Chief of Texas Music Pickers.